Glitter Dipped Wine Glasses
From the blog Happy Go Lucky
To show my girls just how much I love them and appreciate them, I thought it would be fun to make them gold glitter dipped wine glasses. Can you really have too much gold glitter in your life? I don’t think so either.
And of course you need a few bottles of wine to go with your glitter dipped wine glasses! We love trying new wine so I picked up a bottle Callie’s Red Blend and Callie’s Chardonnay. I was initially drawn to the label but then I did a little research and learned that Callie Collection pays tribute to the beautiful California Central Coast. Their wines are balanced and easy to drink with beautiful aromas and fresh flavors. They are available in three varieties: a bright Pinot Grigio, balanced Chardonnay, and a fresh Red Blend. And one more thing – their wine is the first in the US to feature easy twist off/twist on corks. This provides sophistication of cork with the convenience of screwcap.
Is it too early for a glass of wine?
So, have I convinced you to make some fun glitter dipped wine glasses for your mom tribe? They’re easy and fun. This would also be a fun craft night project.
- wine glasses (stemless or regular)
- painter’s tape
- dishwasher safe Mod Podge
- paint brush
- extra fine glitter
- Wrap tape around wine glass.
- Brush on the Mod Podge. Add glitter over Mod Podge. Sprinkle extra glitter off and let dry for an hour or two.
- Add another layer of Mod Podge and glitter to mason jar. Carefully peel off tape.
- Add two more layers of Mod Podge over glitter.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours before using them to drink out of. Hand wash for a few weeks until the Mod Podge has cured.
*The dishwasher safe Mod Podge makes it top rack dishwasher safe. I still hand wash my wine glasses and mason jars so I’m not really sure how they hold up in the dishwasher. I used the dishwasher safe Mod Podge just to be safe.